Great Zimbabwe University- GZU
DIRECTOR, UNIVERSITY SECRETARIAT
A member of senior management, the Director University Secretariat will be responsible for ensuring that the Registrar’s Office catalyses, facilitates and supports effective action across the University.
Reporting to the Registrar, the incumbent should possess a deep understanding of the University Committee system and be a person of unquestionable integrity, with an excellent grasp of the English Language and demonstrable outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Preparing and servicing senior level meetings such as Council meetings;
• Providing essential administrative support to Administrators and Management in running an effective University committee system for purposes of good corporate governance;
• Providing guidance and offering training to committee secretaries on best practices of servicing committee meetings;
• Ensuring adherence to the University standards of servicing committees;
• Ensuring that committees’ decisions are implemented timeously/promptly;
• Ensuring that meeting records are filed properly and are easily retrievable as and when required;
• Preparing Results Based Management workshops, or any such workshops and keeping records of the same for institutional memory;
• Drafting, proof reading and editing documents referred by the Registrar to ensure that they meet required specifications.
• Supervising the Secretariat Unit;
• Any other duties as assigned by the Registrar from time to time
Qualifications And Experience
The successful candidate must possess a minimum of a Masters degree in Arts or Social Science with a strong background in English or Strategic and Corporate Governance; and a first degree in English.
In addition, the incumbent must be experienced and demonstrate competence in the responsibilities outlined in this advert.
How To Apply
Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates. Applicants must submit six copies of applications of the following: application letter, certified copies of academic certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and detailed curriculum vitae to:
Great Zimbabwe University
P.O. Box 1235
The closing date for receipt of applications is 04 December, 2020.