South African rapper Jub Jub up for alleged rape and attempted murder.
The rapper Rapper and television presenter Molemo “Jub Jub” Maarohanye handed himself over to police in Johannesburg on Thursday.
It is not clear how and when the rapper, known for his popular Moja Love show Uyajola 99, committed the offences.
For now it has been established that the mysterious entertainer who turned himself in to the police is Rapper Jub Jub.
Police sources close to the investigation revealed that Jub Jub’s arrest emanates from a case opened by a well-known celebrity and TV star.
A police officer who spoke on condition of anonymity told Sunday World that:
The matter has been under investigation and after the docket was taken to the NPA for a decision, a decision was taken that the suspect needed to be arrested.
After getting a tip-off that he was wanted by the police, he decided to hand himself in.
After police were satisfied that there was a strong case against the suspect, the NPA took a decision to prosecute.
The charges against Jub Jub have apparently been laid by Amanda Du Pont. She once spoke up against him and but people doubted her. Amanda Du Pont was even dragged on social media for accusing Jub Jub of rape.
Jub Jub has been granted bail of R10 000.
Fans have reacted to the news:
When we said that we believe and stand with Amanda du Pont, (some) people weren’t happy and insulted her.
Once Jub Jub is actually found guilty in court, people will be switching up. Defending your so called rehabilitated faves must end.
They should stop referring to Jub Jub as a “rapper” and call him [as] he is: a convicted child killer.
“The convicted child killer has been arrested for rape and attempted murder” is a more fitting headline.
@AldrinSampear also tweeted:
NPA says one of the cases against Molemo Jub Jub Maarohanye dates back to a 2006 incident. That case was lodged last year.
Since then 3 other people opened cases against the rapper and TV presenter.
He is accused of rape, assault and attempted murder.
Jub Jub who is has been granted R10 000 bail will be back in court on 24 August.