Justice fees have been raised by over 150% responding to the current economic environment in the country.
The Ministry of Justice, Legal and Parliamentary affairs confirmed this new development as the fees have been increased following Statutory Instrument 188 of 2019 (magistrates courts civil) (Amendment) Rules, 219 No.1.
Justice Minister, Ziyambi Ziyambi said that this increase was unavailable as the country is currently experiencing an economic meltdown.
Justice fees have been raised with immediate effect due to the country’s inflation which now over 723%
For those who were hesitant to get marriage licences before this new development, it seems as if they would have to think twice before getting married due to the current costs from ZW $35 -$100.
- Marriage licence – ZW$100 from $35.
- Application of civil imprisonment – ZW$100 from $20.
- Liquor licence application (Bulawayo and Harare districts) for temporary application and late opening – ZW$1500 and ZW$1050 from $500 and $350 respectively.
- Certification of documents per page – ZW$3 from 50c.
- Local court (a villager appealing against a ruling by a traditional leader) appeal – ZW$50 from $5.
- Notice of appeal and warrant of civil imprisonment – ZW$50 from $10,
- Warrant of execution against property – ZW$20 from $4,
- Request for default judgment – ZW$10 from $2.
- Notice of pre-trial conference – ZW$10 from $2.
- Inspection of records – ZW$10 from $4
- Consent of transfer – ZW$10 from $5
- Notice of withdrawal – ZW$10 from $2. Read more