Sad outcomes as ONE-YEAR-OLD baby drowned in a bucket full of water after her grandmother left her unattended.
According to the reports reaching Zimtrending the old woman left her one year three-month-old granddaughter playing in the bedroom while she was working in the kitchen.
Matabeleland South provincial police spokesperson, Chief Inspector Philisani Ndebele confirmed the incident.
“I can confirm that we recorded a sudden death case involving a one year three-month-old baby. The baby was at home with her grandmother who left her playing in the bedroom as she went to carry out some chores in the kitchen. A few minutes later she found that her grandchild had drowned in a bucket full of water.
“The matter was reported to the police who attended the scene and investigations are underway,” said Chief Insp Ndebele.
He urged guardians not to leave children unattended for a long time especially if they are in an environment that could endanger their lives.