The Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) has released a full statement on the commencement of the Ordinary Level and Advanced Level June 2020 examinations and an extension of the November 2020 examinations registration deadline.
In a statement on Tuesday, ZIMSEC board chairperson Eddie Mwenje said the June exams will start on 30 June while and end on 20 July for O’ Level and 23 July for A’ Level.
We present the statement in full:
On behalf of the Zimbabwe School Examinations Council Board, I would like to provide information on the June 2020 session timetables, the extended candidate registration for the November 2010 session, and COVID19 mitigatory measures to be taken during the examinations period.
This information is directed to candidates, parents, guardians, examination centre authorities and all other stakeholders of national examinations.
June 2020 Examination Timetables
1. The June 2020 examination session for the Ordinary and Advanced Level has been scheduled as follows:
- Ordinary Level – Tuesday 30 June to Monday 20 July 2020.
- Advanced Level – Tuesday 30 June to Thursday 23 July 2020.
2. Revised provisional examination timetables were sent to all examination centres across the country.
Extended Candidate Registration for the November 2020 Examination Session
1. An extended registration period for the November 2020 session has been opened up and will close on 25 June 2020. The extended registration period will accommodate, inter alia, the following:
a. Candidates who failed to meet the deadline for the registration for the November Examinations.
b. Candidates who wish to add or delete subjects from their initial registration.
c. Candidates who partially registered but failed to remit examination fees and
wish to top up their examination fees.
d. Private Candidates who initially registered as candidates from Government or Government Aided Schools who wish to normalise their registration and top up their examination fees.
2. Two examination circulars on this matter have been sent out to examination centres