2 Cups Plain/ Cake flour
1/2 tsp salt
1& 1/2 tsp yeast
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp margarine
120 ml warm water/ mixed with milk
- Mix together all dry ingredients
- Add the egg and milk and mix thoroughly
- Knead the dough for about 20 minutes until very smooth and elastic
- Cover dough by lightly brushing with little oil and wrapping it. Place in a warm area and let it rise.
- Remove from heat, knead and shape doughnuts. Place them on a baking sheet greased with oil. Put back in a warm area for about 30 minutes.
Buttercream Icing sug
1 and 1/2 cups icing sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp milk
- Mix everything thoroughly in a small bowl until fluffy and it’s ready for use
- Alternatively, you may use 1 cup of heavy cream/ fresh cream plus tbsp icing sugar then beat until stiff.