Ecobank Zimbabwe Limited wins Best Bank at African Banking Awards in London
EMEA Finance is a complete information source for the finance industry in the EMEA region, the combined emerging Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA).
It is dedicated to exclusively reporting financial events, happenings and triumphs initiated and influenced by the international financial industry.
The judging panel were particularly impressed by Ecobank Zimbabwe Limited’s trade facilitation prowess, digital empowerment of its customers, together with its ability to leverage on its network advantage on the back of a very difficult operating environment.
This award demonstrates the bank’s strong commitment towards contributing to the economic development of Zimbabwe.
This Best Bank award is the latest in a series of awards won by Ecobank Zimbabwe Limited.
This year and over the last few years, the bank has won several accolades from both local and international organizations including the following:
- 2019 Best Bank – EMEA Finance
- 2019 Overall Best Bank – Zimbabwe Banks and Banking Survey • 2018 Most Cost efficient Bank- Zimbabwe Quoted Companies • 2018 Pioneering with Visa on Mobile – Visa
- 2018 Efficiency for the best authorization score – Visa
- 2018 Top company award – Zimbabwe Banks and Banking Survey
- 2017 Top 5 performing banks – Zimbabwe Banks and Banking Survey
- 2016 Bank of the Year – The Banker Shortly after receiving the award, the Managing Director, Moses Kurenjekwa said, “We are greatly honoured and humbled to be recognized by EMEA Finance as the Best Bank in Zimbabwe.
This accolade is great testament to our customers’ loyalty and support and also the hard work of all my colleagues in the bank. Our strong focus in offering unique trade finance solutions and innovative digital products and services are successfully driving financial inclusion and integration in Zimbabwe.
“It’s barely nine years ago (in 2011) when Ecobank Zimbabwe commenced its operations in Zimbabwe, after our Parent company, Ecobank Transnational Incorporated finalized the purchase of majority shareholding in a local Merchant bank. Eight-and-half years later after following a restructuring exercise, it has emerged to become one of Zimbabwe’s top performing banks. I wish to use this opportunity to dedicate this award, firstly to all our customers (both at home and abroad) for their unwavering support throughout all these years; and secondly to the Board, management and staff of Ecobank Zimbabwe Limited who have worked tirelessly to see the success of the bank.”