A blazing fire has gutted the building at corner Chinhoyi and Robert Mugabe Streets.
According to eyewitnesses, the fire broke at around 12 am in one of the shops.
The fire brigade was called and it responded swiftly but it could not do much to stop the fire.
The building is opposite Total service station which fortunately had no fuel at the time of the fire.
Eye-witnesses said the fire was so aggressive that it was most likely the service station would have caught fire too if it had fuel.
It's a terrible start to the year for the entrepreneurs housed at the building. On hopes they have insurance.
See the pictures of the building below.