Mighty Warriors yesterday withdrew from the Second round -Olympic qualifiers which had been scheduled for 3 pm at the national sports stadium due to nonpayment of allowances and bonuses from the Zimbabwe Football Association (ZIFA)

The clash between the Mighty Warriors has now reached its climax as some clubs pulled out players from the ZIFA Village Camp on Saturday.

ZIFA Communications and Competitions manager Xolisani Guesela said that about 12 teams had withdrawn from camp and requested replacements but it was too late.

Now it’s up to the Zambian Football Association to approve that the match be postponed to a later date because players of the players plea that ZIFA had not payed them their allowances and bonuses of $ 2.400 they were expecting after the regional tournament were they had received a bronze medal.

Recently appointed Vice president of football Association of Zimbabwe and the head of delegation Rix Mweembo, expressed great disappointment over this issue as the match had to be postponed and are expected to travel back tomorrow as they wait for a response from CAF and FIFA.

“At the moment the decisions and everything else is done by CAF or FIFA in relation to this situation and will stick to whatever decision they make” Said Mweembo.

 

Leave a Reply